The ABT cine SpeedMount mk2 EF for DSMC2 allows the utilization of the entire image circle of full frame lenses on the RED DSMC2 Helium / Gemini or Dragon sensor while gaining nearly one stop of light.
Compatible to all RED DSMC2 cameras except DSMC2 Dragon Mg, DSMC2 Dragon CF and early serial number Scarlet-W.
The SpeedMount is a focal length reducer with x0.72 factor that reduces the image circle of a full frame lens to S35 sensor size. Using the entire image circle of full frame lenses gives a wider field of view compared to using the same lens on S35 without the SpeedMount.
Apart from that, the SpeedMount also makes the lens approximately one f-stop faster and allows to show the entire imaging properties in the edge area of full frame lenses including focus fall off and aberrations which is often desired by DPs.
How it works
- The SpeedMount reduces the full frame (43.3mm) image circle to S35 format (x0.72) while making the lens nearly one f-stop faster
- The flange focal distance remains effectively unchanged, so all focus markings remain valid
- The new image circle covers 7K WS / 7K HD Helium, 5K WS / 5K HD Dragon and 4k Gemini
- Positive lock to securely mount your lenses
- Integrated RED Canon EF VV Mount circuit board so all electronic functions are usable as usual
- Original RED VV OLPF with custom holder included. The new holder is fully compatible to all original RED mounts. You can choose between RED’s “Skin Tone / Highlight”, “Standard”, “Low Light” and “H2O”
- No modifications to your DSMC2 camera needed. Easy to swap with your regular DSMC2 mounts and OLPFs
- Some lenses will not work due to there protruding rear lens element. Please print the test without scaling on your printer to check your lenses
- Compatible to all RED DSMC2 cameras except DSMC2 Dragon Mg, DSMC2 Dragon CF and early serial number Scarlet-W
- Housing made of black anodized aluminum
Print without scaling on your printer: Lens rear clearance test
Scope of Delivery
- SpeedMount mk2 EF for DSMC2 with captive screws
- 1x SpeedMount OLPF (“Skin Tone / Highlight”, “Standard”, “Low Light” or “H2O”)
- 1060 Peli case