The ABT cine Rear Filtration Mount PL for ARRI allows filters to be used independently of lens and focal length between camera and lens. For release, there are filter sets that mimic the look of front diopters, but without changing the flange focal distance and focus settings. These correspond to the look of +0.5, +1 or +2 front diopters.
More effect filters will be added later this year. Also, a Clear Glass filter will be included if no effect is desired.
The Rear Filtration Mount was created at the request of the Danish rental house A Camera, in response to increasing customer demand for a special look. Many cinematographers use front diopters to reduce the imaging power of lenses towards the edges and create a “brine effect” – while maintaining constant sharpness in the center, as this look is reminiscent of vintage lenses.
However, for this particular application, diopters bring problems – the closest focusing distance shifts, it is no longer possible to focus to infinity, and the lens focus marks no longer match the object distance. With the Rear Filtration Mount and its various filter inserts, it is possible to achieve the desired optical effect without shifting the focus.
How it works
- The Rear Filtration Mount screws onto the ARRI camera instead of the original ARRI PL mount
- Compatible with ARRI ALEXA 35, ALEXA Mini LF, ALEXA Mini and AMIRA
- The flange focal distance remains effectively unchanged, so all focus markings remain valid
- The mount covers an image circle of 46.31mm (RED Monstro, ARRI Alexa Mini (LF), Sony Venice)
- Positive Lock to securely lock lenses onto the camera
- No modifications to the camera are necessary
- Some lenses cannot be used due to their back element protruding into the camera. Please print the test without scaling to test your lenses
- Housing made of black anodized aluminum
Please print without scaling: Test for lens compatibility
Scope of Delivery
- Rear Filtration Mount for ARRI with captive screws
- 1x filter of your choice (+0.5, +1 or +2 look)
- Clear Glass Filter
- Tool to replace the filters
- 1170 Peli case